I once asked to someone who added me (and I accepted him to add me to his list) what was the reason for adding me and the guy...just did not answer me.
I have an important list of more than 3,500 contacts and I use LinkedIn exclusively for work. I don't pay attention to the rest: my friends and family usually contact me on Facebook or send me emails...oh...and they call me too.
I've started a little cleaning on LinkedIn and since it is not possible to massively delete contacts - yes, you have to do that one by one on LinkedIn - I have decided to use the method below:
- Self proclaimed mentors: go away;
- Seo specialists and marketing experts: go away;
- No picture? Go away;
- The word "influencer" (or equivalent) appears in you title? Go away;
- You've not answered me after 2 messages: go away;
- Recruiters: go away;
- You sell wine: go away ;-)
You still use a ".com" domain name? go away(joking);
- Advertising your number of LinkedIn connections in your signature? Go away;
Domainersdomain name investors: go away;
- You forgot to put a capital letter to your family name: go away;
- I don't understand more than 50% of what is written in your signature or title? Go away;
- No personalized message with the reason why you want to add me on LinkedIn: go away;
- Not in the new gTLD business (or close to it): go away unless you have a serious question.
I did clean my list of connections and lowered its number of contacts to 300. I think that makes more sense and as a new method, I will try to stick to 300; meaning that I will remove a connection for one gained.
My email can be used to contact me instead (or visit Jovenet Consulting).
An by the way, I now refuse LinkedIn incoming connection attempts when there's no introduction message ;-)